Monday 7 July 2014

I Want To Be A Vampire When I Grow Up

When I was a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up:

a) A magician

b) An inventor

c) An author

d) All of the above

The correct answer is d, all of the above.
Why did I want to be a magician? To magically create lollies of course, I would never have to worry about buying things, I'd be able to conjure everything I ever wanted with my magic. Duh.
I think every child goes through the phase where they want to be an inventor. I once wrapped a rubber/eraser with black electrical tape and stabbed thumbtacks onto the sides and it was my proudest 'invention'. I took it to school and everything. Genius.
The best one for last, an author. I wrote non-stop, on random pieces of paper, in books, the back of worksheets, etc. When I was in Year 3 I was convinced I would write an amazing novel, be hailed a child prodigy, sell millions of copies and become an international superstar. Unfortunately that did not work out.

Also I wanted to be a vampire in Year 4 after watching The Little Vampire. I would launch myself off the top of the couch and attempt to fly...like a vampire? This post is getting sadder and sadder by the sentence... Of course, vampires, magicians, inventors (what a specific occupation) and multi-billionaire authors are not exactly jobs that I aspire to be now. Wouldn't it be amazing if what we wanted to be as a child was what we became in the future? And think of how naïve we all were, don't you miss being so simple minded? I do. But I guess we all eventually have to grow up.


Damn, I  am inspirational :')

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be an international pop-star, not even joking (have you heard me sing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if everyone became what they wanted to be as a child! We would have a world awash with time travellers, princesses and superheroes - it would be like a bad, self-published sci-fi brought to life :P

    Also, I noticed you commented on the blogging community I manage (teenage-blogger-central.blogspot.com). I'd love if you still wanted to contribute to our Senior Year Project! I'll send out a group e-mail in a few days once we have enough verified contributors. If you'd still be interested, please email me at quirksandirks@gmail.com (the e-mail address I use for TBC, confusing, I know) and please register yourself as a TBC member at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W2Y8PRY

    Best of luck with becoming a vampire :P

    ReplyDelete